Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms used by a billion people monthly. The networking site was created to increase your engagements with your friends, family, and people at large. Here, you have Instagram followers who like and share your content. You can post videos, pictures, and short stories to engage people. Instagram users have millions of followers.
Sometimes your Instagram account might get deleted or disabled accidentally.
Why did your account get deleted?
In the instances where you might have deleted your Instagram account. Few options might have happened:
- You might delete the account because you want some break from all the social life.
- Instagram might block or delete your account.
- You might disable your account for some time.
Let’s have a look at the options mentioned above.
It is common knowledge that if you permanently delete your Instagram account,, there is no way to recover it. So, if you sought a break from Instagram, now you have all the vacation from the social life you probably wanted.
On the other hand, if it is disabled for some time, there are few steps to follow to recover your account. But why would Instagram delete some user’s account? It happens when you violate terms of service or the guideline they have provided for the community. But there is one thing to note here. The networking site does not directly delete your account. Instead, you will get a strike on the post that went against the rule, and you will be automatically logged out of your account. You will be asked to log back into your account, and when you do so, you will get the notification that the company has disabled your account.
Be careful about all the above situations, so you don’t delete your account in the future.
Steps to follow to reactivate your disabled Instagram account
The platform is a little strict regarding reactivating your temporarily disabled account. So you might find it difficult to log back into the Instagram account.
Step 1: Open your Instagram application, and log into your account.
Step2: Put your username and password. If you see your account is working, it means your account has been automatically restored.
In case the above step is not fruitful, you will have to reset your password.
Follow these steps to reset your password
Step 1: Do you see the option Forgot your password? Click on that option below the login button. This interface is standard in almost all login options
Step 2: Enter the email address that you used to create your Instagram account. You will receive an email where steps to reset your password are mentioned. This step will only happen after you have correctly put the option.
Step 3: on the other hand, if you were successful to log into your account to reset the password, you will have to access your profile settings. You can easily see three dots on the top right corner of the screen. Going into that section, you can quickly locate the change password option.
Now you can change your password by following the step by step procedure.
Could you recover your account yet? It not, let’s look at what might have transpired.
Some of you might have had this problem where you changed your password and did not permanently delete your account, yet you could not recover your account back. You need to look at the terms of service and community guidelines of the networking site. We know how strict they are about their policies.
How to avoid Instagram disabling your account
The community rules
If you cannot get your Instagram account after disabling it, you might have posted something, a picture, a post, or a video that violates the guidelines. Instagram does not allow its users to post R-rated content. Instagram will never disable your account if the social posts were abiding by the rules.
Here are a few things that you can particularly look at
- Post content that you can claim is yours.
- The videos, pictures and other content should not contain any nudity, pornographic content because the users on this website belong to all ages.
- Do not share anything that supports violence or self-harm
- The comment section of the posts should be put to use wisely. Avoid using slurs, insults, or foul language.
- Your account remains on the brink of being deleted if you continuously infringe on others’ privacy, such as posting identity information, emails, etc.
- Instagram can deactivate or delete your account if you are caught up doing any illegal activity.
The Terms of Service
Now let’s have a sneak peek at the terms of service to avoid your account being deleted
- Abide by the Terms of service of the social media platform.
- While creating an account, your age should be more than 13 years old
- Make sure you never access the API of Instagram
- Never make a deal of selling your Instagram to others
- It would be best if you keep your password secret and never share it with anyone. Sharing your password means giving authority to someone to use your account in any way
- Show respect towards others
- Never discourage people from using the networking platform
- Do not spam other users of the platform
- You must never use unauthorized means to create an Instagram account, one of those being the use of robots
These are a few of the terms you should be mindful of to save your posts or account from the company’s unnecessary strikes.
After going through all these terms of services and abiding by the community rules, if you are still unable to reactivate your disabled account, the only option left here is to get in touch with the authorities by entering the help center of Instagram online. You can explain your grievance calmly and clearly in detail and wait for their response. Make sure to include your username but do not send the password. Do not insist on a prompt response. The team will get back to you with the details of the problem. With this article, it is hoped that it will help you solve your issue of recovering your deleted/disabled Instagram account.