Health risks posed by pests are something people don’t realize. But they are indeed serious. They can not only affect your health but also your home.
The number of pests in the world is very much high. They are dangerous to human beings. Pests are always making the environment dirty and unhygienic.
They create infections by infecting animals and human beings with dangerous diseases. This is the reason we should keep away pests from the environment.
Health Threats Caused By Pests
A key component to pest control services in London (https://www.pestcontrol-london.co.uk/) is the awareness of the threats of pests, and how to handle them. Pests can affect health by carrying and transmitting various pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, and parasites.
Pathogens such as fleas, ticks, mites, and lice can all cause disease, and can also affect homes and property.
Most people don’t think twice about the creepy crawlers that invade their homes. But there are actually various health risks posed by pests in your home.
- First, insects and rodents spread diseases like asthma, Ebola, hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS), Lyme disease, and Zika virus. They can also carry lice or fleas which carry tapeworms.
- Pests can leave the house dirty with droppings, urine, and saliva, which can lead to allergic reactions to animal dander or dust mites.
- Pests can cause structural damage to homes. If mice or rats gnaw on the foundation, it can lead to cracks in the foundation walls.
- Dust mite droppings cause allergies. Dust mites are everywhere, which explains why most people get allergic reactions when they inhale dust mite droppings or chemicals that contain them.
- Fleas that live on pets transmit Lyme disease and Heartworm disease. Pets can also spread tapeworms, which are parasites that make the host very ill.
- Lice can cause hair loss, skin irritation, and anemia.
- Rats infect the food supply with parasites, bacteria, and viruses. They also spread disease through their bites.
- Termites destroy wood, which leads to structural damage to homes. They also fuel mold growth since they are water drinkers.
- Termites can consume wood beams, which can lead to damaged floors and walls. They also make ugly holes in the foundation of your house and the foundation of your furniture.
- Pests can spread bacteria and viruses that could cause typhus, yellow fever, and leptospirosis.
- Rodents could also carry hantavirus, which is a rare and deadly virus that attacks the respiratory system and gastrointestinal tract.
Pests are a disease carrier. They can carry diseases from one place to another. Some pests even make poison from the food they eat.
They can be a direct threat to humans and to livestock. Pests can eat anything as they are omnivorous. The pests can damage our property and spread diseases.
Pests can be dangerous to your physical and mental health. They can be the source of allergies and other respiratory problems.
Pests that drink and defecate in household food and food storage areas also present problems. They scatter contaminated food seeds and feces on kitchen counters, window sills, and eating areas of homes and restaurants.