Traveling to the United Kingdom is cheaper than many people think, according to studies made by tourism agencies, visiting this country is 13% cheaper than any other region in Europe, and the best thing you can do is to have a car hire with rental24.co.uk from your arrival until the end of your visit.
The most convenient way to move to the many important places that exist in the UK is with car hire, if you do not know in London visit the number of museums that exist is completely free, and with hire a car you can move from one to another with ease.
What you need to hire a car
- The first thing you need to know is that in the UK car hire companies require a minimum age of 25 for the driver.
- As a rule, to avoid renting to very new drivers, they do not accept people with licenses issued less than a year ago.
- Companies do not accept damaged licenses, so if your license is in a deplorable state take the precaution of renewing it before traveling.
- If your license does not have a photograph, you are required to have a photo ID, it can be your passport or any document that has a photograph.
- You must present the plane ticket with the date of departure from the country, if tourist in the UK.
- If you are resident in the UK you must submit a document to verify the address, electricity bill, water, internet, telephone or bank letter.
How to hire a car?
For better results and saving time and unforeseen events, in advance of your trip you can contact the company, by phone or more efficiently through the company’s website.
In the United Kingdom there are many options that you can check on the internet, and analyze in due time, to select the one that best suits your budget and requirements, for this it is a good idea to take into account the number of people who will accompany you on the trip, the places and cities you plan to visit, the days that your itinerary will last and of course the amount of money you have for a car hire.
The local companies have more accessible prices, but the variety of their fleets is limited and the renewal of these, is not very frequent.
International companies offer more alternatives, their car fleets are renewed very frequently, which provides an additional advantage, since you will be driving an almost new car.
Where to collect and return the car hire?
Most companies have offices in airports, shopping centers in major cities and tourist sites. If your arrival is by air the best option is to receive the car at the airport, and it will be more comfortable to deliver it there when you go out.
Aspects you should pay attention to when hiring a car in the United Kingdom
- When you deliver the car you have rented the company’s experts, they make a thorough check, so that it does not have bumps or scratches, that the car is in the same condition in which it was delivered, for this reason when you receive it before signing the delivery you must do the same, so that they do not charge you for responsibilities that are not yours.
- Before making the trip, once you decide which car rental company you will hire, finish all the details about the car you select, the place, the date and time when you will pick it up and where you will deliver it, doing this diligence will save you a lot of time and inconveniences when you arrive to the UK.
- Check the status of the fuel tank, the normal is that you deliver with a full tank, in the same way you should deliver, if the tank is not full at the time of delivery, you will make an additional charge, you can get more expensive than if you fill it.
- Keep in mind, when you drive in London, that the fines for traffic violations are very high, and that if you commit an infraction, apart from what you have to pay, the hire a car company will charge you for expenses incurred by that company for the infraction.
- Request the car with a GPS navigation device, it costs a little more, but it will give you many benefits.
- Hire a special child seat in the car, if you have children on your trip, the price for this additional item is economic.
- Pay attention to the automatic tolls, if you don’t realize to cancel them, the car rental company can charge you up to £50 for the administrative procedures.
In the United Kingdom there are guarantees that your trip will be pleasant, that your money will pay off, you will be able to visit the many places that in this country are attractions for tourists, a good planning of your itinerary will be the key for you to enjoy your stay in the United Kingdom to the maximum.